Vault API provides an application backend for:
- Encryption key generation, storage and management
- Content storage of any size (text only)
- Automated encryption of content
- Ability to use your own encryption keys (optional)
- Ability to browse the contents simulating an file sysem structure
Use it for secure storage and or any sort of secure key management backend. For example you can build essentials for developing your own encrypted notebook app. You can build a secure password storage service. You can also use it as a secure and encrypted confiiguration parameter storage.